My Passion For Decor Has Left the Building… To ME!

Hello, My Passion For Decor-ers! I'm SO happy that Melody invited me over to her amazing space while she's grabbing a little R and R! She's set the bar pretty high so hopefully you won't be too underwhelmed by my little ol' bureau redo. Let's all take a moment, though, to throw a little side eye to Miss Melody who's probably reading this on her phone with a fruity drink and waves lapping at her toes.... Grrr, the jealousy. Chalk Paint Dresser Redo
 I'm Charlotte and when I'm not being snarky about my friends on vacation, I blog over at Ciburbanity. Before you go looking up Ciburbanity in your dictionary, it stands for CIty + suBURB + sANITY. Almost 2 years ago, I moved from the glorious urban chaos of of New York City to our current grassy digs in Connecticut. A big adjustment to say the least. My blog was born as a way for me to share the thrifty projects I started to tackle to update our 100 year old home, document the activities I did with our kids to keep everyone sane, and the occasional ramblings of a rookie stay-at-home mom. Oh, and Craigslist is my jam. I love that place.
  CIBURBANITY LOGO 2
 Coming from NYC, we had a number of random furniture pieces that were on a more miniature scale to fit all 400 square feet of our life. My dresser was one of these pieces. This was what I was dealing with. I mean it fit 4 pairs of socks, 5 t-shirts, and a few thongs on a good day. Not acceptable for any good suburban mom…

small-black-dresser

And then this beauty came across my Craigslist screen. I loved the lines, the details, the bowed front and... the size! Bigger, but not too big.

craigslist-dresser-before

The veneer on the top was in baaaaad shape. Kinda like me these days; aye-oh. I spent a little time on the world wide web and learned how to remove the veneer by placing a damp towel directly on the wood and placing a hot iron on top for about a minute. Using a paint scraper, the veneer came off pretty easily.

removing-veneer

steam-iron-veneer

Annie Sloan's Country Grey is the base coat. And then just to add a hint of 'how do you do' I gave her a pair of stripes with a sample pot of Annie Sloan's Provence.
  Annie Sloan stripes

Let me start by saying that my credit card has taken a hit thanks to this dresser. One little furniture upgrade and I have DOUBLED my clothing storage space. Afterall, if you build it, they will come, right?

closeup-dresser-after

chalkpaint-dresser-after

dresser-in-room-chalkpaint

Thanks for taking the time to put up with me, aka Melody 2.0. I know she misses all of you dreadfully (nope... she's on a beach reading Us Magazine) and is so excited to be back blogging asap (again, nope... there are pina coladas and swim-up bars there, people! She's never coming back).

dresser-top-chalkpaint

I posted about this bureau last summer so feel free to check out the long winded version here!

 xo Charlotte
Description: My Passion For Decor Has Left the Building… To ME!
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Imam Baihaqi
On: 12:02 PM

1 comments:

TOP